Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Co-op

My girls had a great time at their first day of Classical Conversations! They were so excited to start school, especially K (age 5). She spent the last week hearing about all of her friends going to school for the first time, and she was so eager to go as well.



They had their baby dolls for their presentations that day in class. I was a bit curious about how their presentations would go, but they both did great. I wasn't able to see K give hers, but I am the teacher in T's (age 4) classroom so I was able to witness her presentation.

And a mom in the room snapped a picture for me. The quality isn't great, but the picture is just so darling of my brave little girl. I am not sure anyone could hear her, but she got up there without any hesitation.



On the same day I watched T give her first presentation, a friend sent me this video. Have you seen this little guy? He is one amazing speaker at the age of 10. (I digress here, but the video is worth it) In case it doesn't upload, you can see it here.



Back to my kids...

K asked at the end of the day, "Do we get to go again tomorrow?" Sadly, she'll have to wait a week but I was so glad that they both had fun.

I was exhausted from teaching the little ones but it was a good exhaustion. I loved being back in the role of a teacher! We have a great class and I am looking foward to it next week!

3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

COOL!

I'm bummed I'm not in Elle's class to see her do her show and tell :(

Isn't it fun to be involved with them this way?

And, that video was awesome!!

I hope you don't mind me puting a link in your comments - but have you seen this little guy? Can you imagine D or Colin doing it?! heehee

Click to see the Little Preacher

Johanna said...

That looks like it is going to be a great addition to your school year! Co-ops are such a blessing and diversion in teh week!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

I'm glad you're enjoying CC so far. I think ya'll are going to have a great year!