Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

Our first day of school was actually August 2. Yes, I am behind on my blogging...

We decided to get a head start on the basics this year because I suspect there are going to be some interruptions as we adjust to the ever changing schedule of a new baby.

We kicked off day one with a scavenger hunt for our new school supplies in the morning. The kids LOVED this.

They were so eager to find their clues that I often had to remind them to grab their new supply!


D (age 2) loved finding his treasures along the way!



Soon the girls began to organize their new things.


It was their little brother who demanded suggested that they begin using the supplies. He was dying to paint!


So his sisters followed along.


Smiles all around!



It was a great way to kick off the morning. We then prayed together for our school year, our attitudes, and our relationships.

Then we called it a day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great way to start things off. Think you can remind us of it again next year lol? I know I will probably forget. Hope you are having a great year so far.

Momma Roar said...

I do this with clues for their birthday gifts...but what a fun idea to kick off the new school year too!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!!